Monday, July 9, 2007

Will Harry Potter die?

With the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows quickly approaching, people continue to speculate about the demise of the title character - will Harry die?

To that, I have to say: Are you kidding me? Tony Soprano may have died in "The Sopranos" (maybe), Sherlock Holmes may have bitten the bullet (only to be later resurrected) and other title characters have died over the course of history, but do you really think J.K. Rowling will kill off Harry Potter, the most popular children's character ever?

I don't think so. First, she's always said "never say never" about an eighth novel, and in a story about good versus evil, I just can't imagine Harry will die. I have trouble even fathoming that Ron or Hermione will get turned into dust.

But we'll just have to wait and see...

No comments: