Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Harry Potter survey: 75% of people think Dumbledore is still alive

According to a recent GMI Poll, 75% of people think Albus Dumbledore is NOT dead and will return in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the last (maybe) Harry Potter book from J.K. Rowling.

The poll surveyed over 500 people from GlobalTestMarket (an online survey website) to see what people thought would happen in the new book. I'd have to agree with all of the people who suggested Dumbledore is not dead (personally, I think he is either dead or faking it, but regardless his "death" is an intentional move to get Voldemort to trust Snape.

On Snape, readers are torn... a whopping 48% still think that's he a good guy, while the other 52% follow the simplest solution that Snape has indeed turned back to the dark side.

As for the fate of Voldemort, 77% people think that he will indeed fall at the hands of Harry, but over 60% think that Harry will not survive the end of the book. Personally, I think Harry will survive (regardless of how dark the stories have gotten, Harry Potter is still a children's franchise, and I think the series can end just fine without killing off the main character), though I can't discount the possibility of him sacrificing himself to make Voldemort vulnerable - a possibility 52% of people think.

You can read more of these interesting statistics at: http://www.gmi-mr.com/gmipoll/release.php?p=20070717


Anonymous said...

J.K. herself verified that Dumbledore IS DEAD and WILL remain dead...but i think I also remember her saying there will be a reprise for one character...maybe in the form of a ghost? dunno. but he is dead. o0o0o and Umbridge will be making a small return in the last book. Can't wait. XD

Gerri said...

There is a lot of hype at the moment about JK. You would not believe this but I have not managed to finish off any of the books of movies. I have tried to start reading or watching but always fail to complete them.