Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Grindhouse Movie Review

A few days late, but I finally found my way into Grindhouse, and I must say it wasn't quite what I was expected. Not bad by any means and actually quite good, but not that good, if you know what I am saying (since I'm writing it right here, you better know what I'm saying). I was expecting a little more action, sex and B-grade camp, and while the fake movie trailers are truly entertaining, Robert Rodriguez's Planet Terror is certainly B-grade but not consistently captivating, while Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof is more captivating but not necessarily as entertaining.

All in all, Grindhouse is a concept that probably sounded cooler on paper than it actually is. You can read my full Grindhouse movie review here.

By the way, normally I would pick a cooler picture than the one to the right, but Rosario Dawson is hot in this movie, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead is even hotter (the cheerleader).

No comments: