Monday, March 19, 2007

Movie trailer review: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End


She can cut me up any day. Goodness gracious, Kiera Knightley.

Anyway, the first movie trailer (or it is a long teaser trailer?) for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is online now, and I have to say, despite my animosity toward the second film, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, this third film looks quite good.

I was a huge fan of the first Pirates movie, and just felt the second one dragged on and on and on forever and ever. I had never been so happy for a movie to end, even if it ended at such a stupid place. That being said, the lack of entertainment the second one brought to the table does not bode well for the third one, but the new movie trailer for At World's End certainly holds promise.

The movie trailer shows all the characters, and all of the pirates uniting against a common foe. We see Davy Jones sword fighting Captain Jack (Johnny Depp), and unfortunately not enough of Ms. Knightley. The movie trailer is full of excitement, and is set up quite properly from beginning to end. There are one or two laughs, but for the most part things are pretty serious, and, given how serious the second film was, this one is likely to be even darker.

Interestingly enough, the previews for the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie didn't impress me at all, but the movie was great. The second movie's previews also didn't blow me away, but I held out high hope, and those hopes were stabbed out of me with a rusted fork. For the third film, I don't have high expectations, but the movie trailer kicks some major butt. Perhaps this is a good sign?

Watch the Pirates of the Caribbean movie trailer here.

No comments: