Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Rants and raves of a pissed off 25-year old

I had a bad day. Okay, I've only had a bad couple of hours. Most of my day was just fine - my boss was away on meetings, so I was pretty relaxed but still shelling through projects like no other. I was actually scratching items off my to-do list, which is quite plentiful. I go to lunch with a couple female coworkers, to Indian no less, my favorite foreign food (nothing tops an American cheeseburger!) at one of the best restaurants in town.

4:45. Almost time to go home. And then the project from Hell comes in. No, it's not that this project was hard or challenging or all that time consuming or all that pressing, but it seemed like a five minute thing - change the colors of a graph in Microsoft Word - but those five minutes turned into 45 minutes. The graph was just a pain in the ass, and I worked until 5:30 trying to make this f**king thing look just right.

Not long before that, some other project had come in that sounds like a lot of work and not much fun. My to-do list has begun growing once again...

Then, on the way home, I get cut off by some guy in a minivan who thinks he can push past me, nearly literally, to merge lanes at the last second. I honk, but not nearly for long enough. Traffic is stop and go, and as I near my apartment this woman is trying to turn left out of the parking lot - this stupid minivan, who is still in front of me, decides to stop right in front of her instead of letting her turn out. What a f**king asshole!

To cap it off, the Seattle Mariners, my home team, just gave up seven or eight runs in the 7th or 8th inning for the second night in a row - to the blasted Yankees, no less. The Mariners, who were just recently only two games back of the Angels for first place in the division, are now something like eight games back with less than a month ago, and assuredly three games back of the Yankees. Within the next half hour, the Mariners will have lost 11 of their last 12 games after a magnificent season. What a complete and utter meltdown!

So, that's my day in a nutshell.

No comments: