Saturday, June 9, 2007

Movie trailer review: I Am Legend

A movie that has flown under the radar until its spectacular teaser trailer release a few days ago, I Am Legend stars Will Smith as the last man alive on Earth. He lives in New York with his dog, but after some kind of disease wipes out the rest of humanity, New York isn't quite the prestigious address it once was. As the trailer indicates, though, he may not be alone - is there an alien on the loose?

The movie trailer for I Am Legend is excellent. It's short, to-the-point and eye-catching. The movie starts out looking like some standard futuristic adventure film, and then quickly turns one on you to show a desolate New York stripped of human life. The commentary by Smith is great, and the final scene, where we see Smith realizing that there may be other intelligent life not too far from him, is great. Will it turn into a standard alien film? I hope not, but I Am Legend certainly has potential.

Watch the I Am Legend movie trailer

No comments: