Monday, May 14, 2007

Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee Trailer

Okay, I am trying to avoid just pasting up every random news clipping a studio or advertising agency sends me, but it's just so easy to do (I don't have to put much brain power into it or anything). So, without further ado, here is the press release...

Starring Adam Beach, Anna Paquin and Aidan Quinn Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, based on the best-selling novel by Dee Brown, premieres Sunday, May 27 at 9:00p.m., exclusively on HBO.

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee tells the tragic and powerful story of the subjugation and cultural extermination of the American Indians. Told through two unique perspectives: Charles Eastman, a young white-educated, Sioux doctor held up as living proof of the alleged success of assimilation, and Sitting Bull, the proud Lakota Sioux Chief whose tribe won the Indian’s last major victory at Little Big Horn, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee powerfully explores the economic, political and social pressures that underpinned the opening of the American West and the tragic impact this expansion had on American Indian culture.

And here's a link to the trailer: http://www.ifilm.com/video/2854320

No comments: